TC Essential Oils
Peppermint is a cross between watermint and spearmint and is native to Europe. Historically, the herb has been known for its medicinal uses, and its impressively long history often gives it the prestigious title as the world’s oldest medicine. Peppermint oil is derived from the leaves of the peppermint plant or Mentha pipertita, a hybrid of the water mint and spearmint plants, and M. arvensis var. piperascens, a plant from the Labiatae family.
- Act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation
- Mix peppermint oil into your shampoos, body washes, and lotions gives these products antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, It also improve frizzy hair and may contribute to hair growth
- Help to cool skin and eliminate dandruff or lice from your scalp.
- Reduce the symptoms of cold & cough
- Due to its energizing effects, peppermint oil is used to help manage stress and treat nervous disorders and mental fatigue.
- Relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis
Botanical Name: Mentha arvensis
Plant Part: Herb
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Basil, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Marjoram, Niaouli
Note: Because of the very high menthol content of this oil, it may crystalize. If so, we would recommend placing the bottle in a very hot water bath, and changing the water frequently until it is back to its liquid state, then gently agitate before use.
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
General: As with all essential oils, never use them undiluted, in eyes or mucus membranes. Do not take internally unless working with a qualified and expert practitioner. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (after you have properly diluted the oil in an appropriate carrier.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.